Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Vision Beyond the Lens



We have a very special place in our hearts for the author of this post. He's genuine, a dedicated father and has an incredible way of capturing the moments that matter. He knows your best angle and the feeling behind it and you absolutely cannot go wrong by letting this talented photographer capture your special moments in time. What he does not mention in this post is the effort (both physical and emotional) rooted in his kind soul spent touching the lives of perfect strangers and those he knows best in an attempt to enhance their life in whatever manner possible. Even more intriguing and praise worthy, he has, as many of us dream to, genuinely made a difference. The lens might capture the moment, but it is what is behind that camera that captures the heart. Thank you, David for capturing memories never forgotten in all of our lives. Our hearts forever grateful.
 
In the words of David Scarola....
 
One day, I am going to create a book of the beautiful moments I have captured around Palm Beach County; sharing moments of human interaction in nature, and sharing nature, in moments of my artistic pursuit of it.  It is my goal to include stories and quotes in this book from Palm Beach County residents who really love where they live.  I envision these stories to be ones that will have as a constant underlying element the message of “I love where I live and who I live with.”  I guess, well, it seems to me, in musing about this future project, the messages of both the pictures and stories is: Beautiful place, beautiful person, beautiful people, wonderful moment, what a really great picture! What a beautiful story. Wow!








 

I really love Palm Beach County, specifically the places I know and love to photograph- which is a growing list.  Photography as an art and pursuit has helped me be more loving and far-reaching, I think.  Last year, while very actively working on my project Portraiture in Homelessness, I wrote about that- how photography has helped me open wider eyes to love and beauty; recently with my August 2014 travels to Nicaragua I experienced, pondered, and wrote about it again.
 




 
 

The re-creation of moments captured through this medium feels like art to me.  
Looking through my delightfully-awesome 135 mm Carl Zeiss lens, to name just one of my sweet lenses,  I see artistically and feel artistic.  With additional creative post-production tools being included in the re-creation of the moments captured in camera, I fall in, guaranteed, rather passionately and obsessively, to the art of what I do.






 

I am in the trade of re-creating moments; a silly way to say it, but I like it!  It’s a process, from capture to process to save, to print to frame to hang:  Capturing children playing in crashing waves, brides and grooms on their wedding days, homeless individuals watching time pass by, the sun slowly rising lighting a sailboats reflection on glassy water, or the chattering smiling curious faces of people enjoying events.  I have been obsessively taking pictures of both random and posed situations for about three years now.  Photographic pursuits have been interesting, exciting, and very challenging at times.  As I have stuck with it, the images have improved and my drive and obsession have grown, calling forth increasing numbers of beloved moments to capture.  My mantra has been, “learn to look, learn to see.”

Thank you so much, David for this heartfelt post. For more information on David's photography or to check out more from his gallery, visit www.davidscarolaphotography.com.

We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! What a special holiday!

Sincerely,

Niki & Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment